Sunday, September 21, 2014

Paleo A-Term Take 2?

This week I also worked setting the budget, assessments, and goals for the Paleontology A-Term proposal.

Over the weekend and the week I worked on finding a hotel to stay in and transportation so that I could set a budget for the A-Term proposal. I also work on setting goals and creating assessments based on the activities we will be doing. Thinking back on how amazing my experience was in Seymour, TX during the last A-Term it means a lot to me that we I have a opportunity to possibly share that experience with other students this year.

On day 1 I continued to work with the Jane jacket I worked on last week and used the microscope. I actually cleaned some of the dirt off to the point that I uncovered some bone. I felt really good about this because compared to last week I could really seem some progress, and I felt like I was getting closer to discovering what this jacket may have been originally.

On day 2 I had an adult shadow come with me to the museum. I decided to work on the larger Jane jacket that I had not worked on since last A-Term so that she could see more of what I was doing. I also found out from one of the other volunteers that the museum is starting to think that Jane and Diego, the Dimetrodon found right next to Jane, might actually be the same Dimetrodon. This gives me something new to think about when I am cleaning Jane jackets, and maybe a mystery that I can solve by cleaning these jackets. I also got to try out being a docent to my shadow by taking her through the Permian section of the Paleontology Hall and talking to her about how to clean a jacket. This was a new experience for me, and I enjoyed sharing the knowledge I have gained with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment