Thursday, November 6, 2014

Reaching the Bottom

This week I only got to go to my internship on day 1 for 1 3/4 hours.

I went back to working on my large Jane jacket and actually found quite a few bones because I've gotten down to the bottom where the original bones we saw are located. About half way through I had to vinac, a glue that can be removed with water, the new bones to the tin foil in the jacket so they would stay in place. Since vinac needs to sit and harder I couldn't do anymore digging, but I cleaned the bones on the right side. As you can see in the pictures I took the red layer off of some of those bones.

This was the first time I'd used the tool that looks like a pick to clean the bones further and I think I did a pretty good job. I've been shown how to use it before but I've never actually tried it. I think when the bones are layed out basically flat that'll be a very good tool to use. Hopefully next week the vinac will have set nicely so I can finish up my digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment