Friday, January 9, 2015

Removing the Dirt

For the week before Winter Break I went to the lab on day 1 for 2 hours, and on day 2 for 2 1/4 hours. For these two days I pretty much only focused on getting the rest of the dirt out of the large Jane jacket. Now I need to work under the microscope with the tiny pick to clean the small layer of dirt that's still on the bones so that I can remove the bones on the right side of the jacket. Once I remove these bones I will keep digging under the bones till I reach the bottom of the jacket. If I find any other bones I will have to clean them as well. I still think the flat bone is part of a pelvis, but when I remove it from the jacket I will know exactly what it is. Towards the end of the second day I realized that the bones I originally thought were two toes are actually part of a vertebrae, as you can see below. I'm very excited to be reaching the bottom of the jacket! 







No comments:

Post a Comment