Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Losing the Red

     Last week I had a meeting about the Paleontology A-Term for 1 1/4 hours and did prep-work for an hour.
     During the meeting Dr. Ott and I finalized the budget and chaperones for the trip, got the readings together, and wrote up a syllabus and description.
     In the lab I worked more on removing the very red dirt from the Jane bone I've been working on for a couple weeks now. I'm finding that the vinegar does a much better job of loosening the dirt from the bone than the water does. The one thing I have to be careful with when using vinegar is that I remove it in a timely fashion, because if it sits on the bones for too long it can start to erode them. You can see how much red dirt I've been able to remove from the bones using the vinegar and a dental pick.






No comments:

Post a Comment