Sunday, October 25, 2015

Another Piece of Jane

     On week one I went to the museum for one and a half hours, and after missing a week I spent three hours in the lab during week two.
     Since I was not in the lab for too long on the first week I decided to clean another small piece on bone from Jane that was found near the leg bone that I have been cleaning. For this I used a straight pick instead of an air scribe, which I have not used much because usually the caliche on Jane's bones is a little to thick for it. While the air scribe may have been faster I enjoyed practicing using a tool that I do not get to use all that often. I was very happy with how well the caliche cleaned off of this piece.
     During the second week I continued to use the air scribe on Jane's leg bone, and I was able to clean off more bone from both the back and front. 















No comments:

Post a Comment