Thursday, September 17, 2015

Reentering Jackets

     On week one I spent an hour and a half in the lab and on week two I spent three hours. During this time I worked on the both the large and small Jane jackets. A lot of the work was very time consuming but minimal, like the small piece of bone that I removed almost all of the caliche from in the pictures below. It felt really good to get back into working with these jackets, which I hadn't worked on in a little while. I was able to take some of the cleaning techniques I'd learned or improved on since I was last cleaning them and put them to work. I think this next step in cleaning these jackets will be the most time consuming of all because I will have to do very minuet work over a long period of time to see it pay off, but I think it will be worth it. And the bones sure are pretty when they're clean, just look at that small bone fragment I cleaned in the pictures below!









No comments:

Post a Comment