Saturday, November 21, 2015

Removing Vinac and Dirt

     My work in the lab was slow the past two weeks, because I was slowly removing dirt and vinac from the small Jane jacket. I spent 3 hours in the lab both weeks. The vinac was originally used to glue some of the bones together and keep them in place while I was removing dirt from the jacket. The only issue with this was that some of the vinac had gotten on the dirt and was holding it in place. I had to add a lot of water, which helped to dissolve the vinac. I was then able to scrape away a bunch of dirt that was previously stuck inside the jacket. It was very satisfying to see a large clump of dirt being slowly cleared away. I am now to the point that I will probably need David’s help to remove a layer of bone before I can do much more with this jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment