Saturday, December 19, 2015

Changing the Oil

     Since I need David's help with the Jane jacket I've been working on, I decided to do some air scribe work on Jane’s leg bone. The first day in the lab I was there for 3 hours and had no issues, but by the second day the air scribe needed to be cleaned. I spent most of my 2.5 hours there doing this. As you can see in the pictures below I had to take the tool apart and clean all the pieces with q-tips. Once I got all the blackened oil off, I had to re-oil the air scribe using more q-tips. Cleaning the machine resulted in a much clearer sound, which is how I knew that the cleaning helped. I also cleaned a small piece of one of Jane’s bones that was found with her leg bone. It was really cool to see the white of the bone show through from under the caliche.

No comments:

Post a Comment