Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Finishing My Jacket

This is where I started with my jacket.

Then I had to put together a 1000 lb lift. That thing was heavy!

I eventually got it together, the instructions weren't very helpful, but it wouldn't lift. When I came in for my next day though it was lifted, so that got fixed.

David Temple was telling me about some of the interesting marks of the bones, for example possible chew marks.

To get the bones really clean I gave some of them a 10-15 minute vinegar bath.

Check out these cool marks on the inside of this bone.

David temple was telling me that sometimes they find bones that are exploded like this. They're not sure why but he think it may be that these bones were eaten by animals, got into their stomach and stomach acid, but were for some reason or another thrown up. This stomach acid would then eat into the middle of the bone, then something else would start growing and expanding in it until it burst.

Another bone I cleaned with vinegar and a toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment