Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Glueing Vertebrae

I started out my day by trying to get out the small amount of dirt that was still in my jacket under the bones.

Today was glueing day so first I glued the smaller parts of the vertebrae and the jaw together.

Once those dried I started glueing the smaller pieces of the vertebrae back onto the main piece.

I had to set the two vertebrae just so to keep the pieces together while they dried.

Since I wanted to give the glue a good 15 minutes to dry on the larger and heavier vertebrae pieces I went to look at the backbone of the Dimetrodon in the Paleontology Hall. I wanted to try to compare the size of the vertebrae so I could get an idea for how big Jane would have been.

Luckily when I can back the pieces were dry enough to move, but not dry enough to do much else with, so I laid them down in the jacket for the rest of the time.

Some of the pieces still hadn't been scrubbed so I got some water, a container, a toothbrush, and a dentist tool, and got to scrubbing

Since the pieces couldn't lay down the same way now that they're glued this is how my jacket now looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment