Monday, May 4, 2015

After Hours

     Last week I spent 3 hours at the museum on one day. I ended up getting to show a school group of 5th and 6th graders and a couple of their parents around not long after I got there because David wasn’t there and I was the only volunteer in the lab. I enjoyed getting to teach them about what we get to do in the field and how bones look before and after they’ve been prepped. This group was specifically fun to talk to because there was one girl who was really interested in paleontology and knew what a Dimetrodon and Edaphosaur were.
     After that tour I started working on the Jane leg bone/joint of some kind that I’ve been working on. I continued removing caliche with the air scribe, which you can see in the pictures below. I also got to stay after hours, and once the Paleontology Hall was empty compared the bone with the mounted Dimetrodon skeleton. Check out that and some cool pictures I got while I was all alone among the dinosaurs below.










No comments:

Post a Comment