Monday, May 25, 2015

Exposing the Layers

     During my first day I spent two hours in the lab and during my second I spent one hour and forty five minutes working on Jane. I’m very happy with the progress that I’ve made on the piece of Jane’s leg that I’ve been working on. I can definitely tell that it went through a lot of wear and tear while it was being either chewed, digested, or both. There is so much bone exposed on the upper portion at this point and within that exposed bone there are many different layers. This makes my job harder when I’m using the air scribe because I’m not working on one large, smooth surface but many small ones. That being said I also get a large sense of accomplishment when I’m able to clean the caliche off of another layer and expose the bone underneath it. The air scribe has also become one of my favorite tools after using it in such as intricate way. I’ve learned a lot about how patients can pay off through my entire internship and specifically this project, even though I’m not done with it yet.








No comments:

Post a Comment